This Friday 20th October, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Lands and Forest Jean Claude MUSABYIMANA proceeded to the official launch of the Capacity Development in Land Administration Project, a cooperation project between Rwanda Land Administration and Use Authority (RLMUA) AND The Swedish Mapping, Cadastral and Land Registration Authority(LANTMATERIET). This project is sponsored by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Authority (SIDA).
The project’s objectives include:
- Keep previous achievements at the high level. By supporting with capacity development to maintain and improve the qualified staff, systems, laws, regulations, spatial data, land use plans, etc.
- Reduce informal transactions. By supporting and give advice to register all land transactions through awareness to motivate citizens to register. The importance, responsibilities, obligations and their rights and advantages.
- Improve the land administration. By support and train the staff at RLMUA and at local level. Give advise how to improve the LAIS-system, the processes and the business model.
- Increase the awareness of equal rights for women and men to own land. By awareness to women/men and public institutions of the equal rights and through support and advice to include/maintain gender equality in policies, strategies and regulations.
- Increase the usage of the CORS network by capacity development and support in maintenance, operation and development of the system.
- Improve and update the land use plans Rwanda is a very densely populated Country, the overwhelming majority of the Rwandans derive their livelihood directly from land and this makes land a very valuable and critical resource.
In her speech, RLMUA DG, MUKAMANA Esperance emphasized on team work that should motivate both project and RLMUA staff to successfully achieve the project deliverables within the five years of operation so that the positive impact of the project in the land sub-sector should be visible and substantial.
Welcome speech of RLMUA DG, Esperance MUKAMANA
Presentation of the project overview and objectives by LARS Lindgren, The project coordinator.
PS. Jean Claude Musabyimana declared the launch of the Project for the Capacity Development in Land Administration.
RLMUA DG and SIDA staff after the launching ceremony.